Thursday, February 5, 2009

August 06

Have you ever heard that saying "I was born and raised in the church" well I guess I can say that, at least until my teen years. I knew who Jesus was and I knew what it took to be saved I knew what the church was all about and yet chose to be ignorant. I ran head on into every sin I could find. Drugs, alcohol, sex, violence you name it I've done it. Then one day God chose to change my life with a mosquito that's right one of the tiniest of all creatures. I got a call one day that a good friend of mine was sick and in the hospital and wasn't doing well. I'm not talking about and average everyday guy this dude is on of the biggest strongest healthiest guys I know. He was in the ICU with an infection in his brain, fine one day and had a 50/50 chance the next most likely because of a mosquito bite. So of course all the friends and family start to gather including me and it just so happened a good old Gospel Preacher showed up and prayed with us that day went in and prayed over my friend which is comforting even for a lost man. So I end up staring out the window wondering if my friend dies where is he going to end up. I started to trying to pray to no end ( later I learned that God doesn't hear the prayers of a lost man except the prayer of salvation). When I realized, I know where I am going, I am standing there so worried about where my friend is going and I know beyond a doubt that I am on my way to Hell. So that's where it happened standing there all alone, weaping I said Lord God please forgive me, please save me, please help me, please be the Lord of My life and he said yes. In the blink of and eye I was no longer alone God might have well been physically standing there with me listening to my prayer. It was like I knew with no doubt that everything was ok now, my friend was going to be ok I was going to be ok everything was going to be ok. Amazingly I did not worry one bit from that point on about my friends health nor my own. The next Sunday I went straight to church it just so happened it was the Church of that good old Gospel Preacher that prayed with us that day and he told me he had prayed that the lord use that to save someone that someone was you he said and the Good lord has been with me ever since hearing my prayers and answering them. Praise Jesus!! Now all that happened to me because the lord decided it was my time and he used a little old Georgia mosquito.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this....very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry Ryan! It is so amazing how God works in our lives. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete